Topics

EARLY LV "wrong way" box

Schuyler Larrabee

We’ve recently been advised that more roads than just the Lehigh Valley owned “wrong way” box cars.  This is a snip from a larger photo titled “Buffalo NY 1910 Kellog Company.”  I am not sure just how I got that photo, but I noticed this LV box car on a siding at the very bottom edge of the image.

The overall photo is interesting, but I am not sure of the permissions to share the entire image.  It shows an active steam pile driver and new concrete silos under construction using slip forms.

Schuyler

Eric Hansmann

Based upon the car data lettering and lack of full 1911 Safety Appliance Act amendment hardware, this photo is 100+ years old. Was it on the Library of Congress site? If so, it’s public domain.

Do you have a link to share?

Eric Hansmann

Murfreesboro, TN

We’ve recently been advised that more roads than just the Lehigh Valley owned “wrong way” box cars.  This is a snip from a larger photo titled “Buffalo NY 1910 Kellog Company.”  I am not sure just how I got that photo, but I noticed this LV box car on a siding at the very bottom edge of the image.

The overall photo is interesting, but I am not sure of the permissions to share the entire image.  It shows an active steam pile driver and new concrete silos under construction using slip forms.

Schuyler

Schuyler Larrabee

Unfortunately, no, nor did a good bit of web surfing looking for one succeed.  Sorry.

Schuyler

We’ve recently been advised that more roads than just the Lehigh Valley owned “wrong way” box cars.  This is a snip from a larger photo titled “Buffalo NY 1910 Kellog Company.”  I am not sure just how I got that photo, but I noticed this LV box car on a siding at the very bottom edge of the image.

The overall photo is interesting, but I am not sure of the permissions to share the entire image.  It shows an active steam pile driver and new concrete silos under construction using slip forms.

Schuyler

Bud Rindfleisch

Schuyler,
    Wish I could enlarge the image.I n the meantime I have this builder's photo (I believe) of an early wrongway door LV car.I don't know the photo source as the pic was a gift to me from a friend.
      Bud Rindfleisch

Schuyler Larrabee

Terrific photo, Bud, thanks very much.  I wish it carried a blt date.  I’m sure that’s a builder’s photo, with every little detail picked out in white, all the lettering on the wheels and trucks.  Also the slotted coupler knuckle says a lot about the time period.

Schuyler