From: <bflynn562@aol.com>
To: <STMFC@yahoogroups.com>
Sent: Friday, September 19, 2008 10:14 PM
Subject: Re: [STMFC] Re: Early train length laws

Not sure how all the question marks ended up in my post.? There is no date
for the maximum train lengths but I can give you the following information:?
C&O?lines north? 160
C&O lines south? 175
N&W 175
Virginian? 175

Brian Flynn

I would be interested in the 1921 data which would be applicable to the
purchasing by C&O/N&W/Virginian of Hi Capy Gons in that era and did any of
the
railroads have voluntary limits WAY BACK THEN.

Many thanks,

Al Kresse

7:06 PM

bflynnd1

Al,
I don't know why they they listed the C&O as North and South lines, but
that is the way it is listed in the booklet.

Brian Flynn

--- In STMFC@yahoogroups.com, water.kresse@... wrote:

Folks,

Good find. However, the C&O "officially" ran East-West. Does "C&O
line north" mean heading West or in the C&O Northern (Ohio) region? It
would be logical for the C&O to have longer sidings heading east (your
south ref) to Tidewater, and mostly downhill.

Al Kresse

water.kresse@...

Brian,

It became interesting with join C&O-Chinchfield brouchers with I believe the Clinchfield going N-S and C&O going E-W but have coordinating fast freights No. 95 and No. 97 schedules. I might be wrong there about the Clinchfield.

Al Kresse