Topics

EJ&E 61216 12-panel riveted 40' box car

Andy Carlson

Steve, what a cleaver idea to easily combat the visual geometry problems of an 8' door on a 6' door car body. Makes me think "Why didn't I think of that"!
-Andy Carlson
Ojai CA

Since you brought it up. 61216 after repaint to green with the map scheme. Photos seem to indicate the lower side sill extension was applied when built; note that 61206 above has NEW for reweigh. Open door? Yes, I cheated. The open door hides the lack of body work to make the door opening on the Intermountain shell actually 8 ft. Jerry Glow decals, but I don't see them on Tichy now.
--
Steve Hoxie
Pensacola FL

_._,_._,_