Topics

Erie flat car

Andy Carlson

Boy, I am sure glad that my new niche is paying off so well. Again, no need to thank me for this labor of love. A Erie flat car.
-Andy Carlson  Ojai CA

Inline image

Tim O'Connor

ERIE 7220 may be special for some reason - it seems to be in a number group with specialty flat cars.

On 7/24/2020 6:42 PM, Andy Carlson wrote:
Boy, I am sure glad that my new niche is paying off so well. Again, no need to thank me for this labor of love. A Erie flat car.
-Andy Carlson  Ojai CA

Sterling, Massachusetts

G.J. Irwin

The ORER for April 1952 shows the group Erie 7220 to 7224 with five cars, AAR Designation FM, capacity 180,000 pounds. (Just visible in the photo.) The next set, 7230 to 7234, are FMs with a capacity of 271,000 pounds.  Those sets are in between small numbers of depressed center flat cars.

--George Irwin