From: main@RealSTMFC.groups.io <main@RealSTMFC.groups.io> on behalf of D. Scott Chatfield <blindog@...>
Sent: Tuesday, September 21, 2021 9:22 PM
To: main@RealSTMFC.groups.io <main@RealSTMFC.groups.io>
Subject: [EXT] Re: [RealSTMFC] Interesting three dome tank car St Louis 23rd St yard

While some multi _manway_ single compartment tank cars have been built since 1960, for phosphorus for instance, I can't recall ever seeing a multi _dome_ single compartment tank car.  Can't say that such did not exist, but if such did exist I'd love to see a photo.

This is not to say that all the compartments of a multi-compartment tank could not be used for the same product.  Probably happened a lot during the war years.

Yes, dome-less non-pressure tanks (spec ICC-111) were built before 1960, first by Union Tank in 1956 IIRC, they were not by any means common until after 1960.

Scott Chatfield