From: main@RealSTMFC.groups.io <main@RealSTMFC.groups.io> on behalf of Eric Hansmann <eric@...>
Sent: Sunday, April 18, 2021 12:53 PM
To: main@realstmfc.groups.io <main@realstmfc.groups.io>
Subject: [EXT] Re: [RealSTMFC] Photo: Reefers At A Blast Furnace (Circa 1925)

I consulted a map and found Charlotte and East Rochester on opposite sides of Rochester.

Eric Hansmann
Murfreesboro, TN

On Apr 18, 2021, at 12:14 PM, Eric Hansmann <eric@...> wrote:

I wonder how close this was the the Despatch Shops in East Rochester.

Many of those MDT reefers were built and repaired at the Despatch Shops.

Eric Hansmann
Murfreesboro, TN

On Apr 18, 2021, at 11:51 AM, Stic Harris <sticdvm@...> wrote:

Yep. Roberts Iron (in Charlotte, a part of Rochester NY) went idle in 1892.

Stic Harris

On Sun, Apr 18, 2021 at 12:37 PM Patrick Wade <patwadesb@...> wrote:
Since I do not see any smoke from the stacks perhaps the furnace is closed and the reefers are simply stored there on the off season.

Pat Wade
Santa Barbara, CA

On Apr 18, 2021, at 9:15 AM, Bob Chaparro via groups.io <chiefbobbb=verizon.net@groups.io> wrote:

Photo: Reefers At A Blast Furnace (Circa 1925)

A photo from the Hagley Digital Archives:

https://digital.hagley.org/1986268_0245

Scroll on the photo to enlarge it.

Anyone have an educated guess as to what is going on here?

The reefers all look the same and all look new. Is their location a coincidence or would there be some reason to place these cars at a blast furnace?

Bob Chaparro

Hemet, CA

--

- Stic

Nelson Moyer

I’ve always been fascinated by local pronunciations. Monroe, LA is pronounced MUN’row, not MonROE -  that is if your from there. The rest of us pronounce it correctly. Not sure which railroads served Monroe.

Nelson Moyer