From: main@RealSTMFC.groups.io <main@RealSTMFC.groups.io> on behalf of Claus Schlund &#92;(HGM&#92;) <claus@...>
Sent: Thursday, August 5, 2021 3:47 PM
To: STMFC <main@RealSTMFC.groups.io>
Subject: [EXT] [RealSTMFC] Flat car PRR 474194 with load taken in 1977

Hi List Members,

Flat car PRR 474194 with load taken in 1977. Altho the photo was taken outside our time constraints, I suspect this flat car was around prior to 1960. It is possible this is a PRR class F30-subclass car.

Metadata at:

Enjoy!

Claus Schlund

Tim O'Connor

I downloaded that auction photo from the same seller many years ago!
Duplicates sure keep the wheels of slide commerce turning. ;-)

Those fiberglass tanks were (or still are) popular for gas stations. I wonder
who made them, and how far they travelled to their destination.

Tim O'Connor

On 8/5/2021 11:11 PM, Bruce Smith wrote:
Folks,

Note the ROS 3-69 reweigh on this F30A, #474194. That I believe is for ROSEVILLE, CA on the SP (and also PFE), reminding us that even in "the future" a proportion of cars were reweighed off-line.

Regards,
Bruce Smith

Sterling, Massachusetts

RICH CHAPIN

That's an Owens-Corning Figerglass tank. Looks like a 20,000 tank OC sold their 3 plant in 1995 to Fluid Containment. One of those plants was in Mt Union PA.

Nice Slide.

Rich Chapin
Basking Ridge NJ