From: <main@RealSTMFC.groups.io> on behalf of "Bob Chaparro via groups.io" <chiefbobbb@...>
Date: Monday, September 13, 2021 at 1:15 PM
To: "main@RealSTMFC.groups.io" <main@RealSTMFC.groups.io>
Subject: [EXT] [RealSTMFC] Model: SRLX 6310

Model: SRLX 6310

I photographed this N scale model of a Swift refrigerator car on the recent Pacific Southwest Region/NMRA Convention layout tour in Orange County, CA.

The car is decorated in an obvious World War II patriotic paint scheme.

My question is, is this an authentic paint scheme or just whimsical? Perhaps adapted from a prototype paint scheme applied to a different car?

Thanks.

Bob Chaparro

Hemet, CA

Allen Cain

How long after WWII would these war bond cars have been in service in this paint scheme?

--
Allen Cain
Modeling the Southern in 1955

--
Allen Cain
Modeling the Southern in 1955 in HO Scale