From: main@RealSTMFC.groups.io <main@RealSTMFC.groups.io> on behalf of Claus Schlund \(HGM\) <claus@...>
Sent: Sunday, July 11, 2021 11:23 AM
To: STMFC <main@RealSTMFC.groups.io>
Subject: [EXT] [RealSTMFC] SP 40ft steel boxcar at an industrial siding somewhere on the electrified zone of the PRR

Hi List Members,

SP 40ft steel boxcar at an industrial siding somewhere on the electrified zone of the PRR, with a PRR class K4s 4-6-2 Handling a local or commuter train - all this in color too!

I wonder if the SP boxcar was actually supposed to be delivered there, or if that was just a convenient spot for the crew to stash the car until they are ready to come back for it later in the workday

There is also a black hopper at the top of the industrial siding, probably serving a coal dealership there (note the coal mound).

I like the chain link gates across the siding track leading to the coal dealership. Did the switch crews have to keep keys for such gates, or was it the responsibility of the business to lock/unlock the gate for them upon arrival?

Overall, a nice inspiration for a model scene...

Metadata at the link below...

Enjoy!

Claus Schlund

Paul R Greenwald

Definitely NOT New York, NY as described by the seller. No PRR steam pulling PRR coaches on the east side of the Hudson River.

Bruce, I think you are referring to FrankforD Junction just before the Delair Bridge over the Delaware River.
--
Paul R Greenwald
PRRT&HS #1802 (Phila Chapter #2009)