From: main@RealSTMFC.groups.io <main@RealSTMFC.groups.io> on behalf of Bob Chaparro via Groups.Io <chiefbobbb@...>
Sent: Friday, December 20, 2019 12:31 PM
To: main@RealSTMFC.groups.io
Subject: [External] [RealSTMFC] Turtle Load

Turtle Load

This is a photo from the Douglas County (MN) Historical Society. I wonder what was done with the turtles in Philadelphia?

Bob Chaparro

Hemet, CA

Roger Huber

Turtle soup and the shells for jewelry.

Roger Huber
Deer Creek Locomotive Works

On Friday, December 20, 2019, 11:54:21 AM CST, naptownprr <jhunter@...> wrote:

They were probably made into soup -- a delicacy of the time!

Jim Hunter