F&C ARA 32 box

Clark Propst

This is a F&C ARA 1932 design box car I got for the “Make me buy it” price. Even thought it was the new one piece body it still had the crappy decals that came with the early Yankee Clipper kits. It was to be CofG. I figured the body style was the same as the Mopac’s? I checked with Charlie Duckworth. He recommended a decal set sold by the MPHS, or whatever the call themselves, Decals arrived in a timely manner. Beings the dimensional data said the car had a 10’ IH I got nervous and checked the Ed Hawkins ARA 32 and AAR 37 lists. The number appears to be good for one of these cars, even though the built date is off a month...I thought of turning the 3 9s upside down, but was too lazy...

After decaling, I airbrushed a black tinted thinned Dullcote on the underside, roof and ends. Then a off white tinted mix on the sides – Photo 1
Photo 2 – for something different I scrubbed AMI powders on the car with a short, stiff bristled brush
Photo 3 – after washing with a tooth brush in warm water its ready ready for duty
Clark Propst
Mason City Iowa

Paul Doggett

Clark
You made a great job of it

Paul Doggett

On 26 Jan 2022, at 19:21, Clark Propst via groups.io <cepropst@...> wrote:

[...]

Attachments:

bigfourroad

Clark: Really, really nice work and weathering technique.  Must archive this. Chris R

Charlie Duckworth

Clark
Nice work!
--
Charlie Duckworth
Omaha, Ne.

Clark Propst

Whew! No negatives from Charlie. I'll sleep better tonight  ;  ))
Clark