Topics

FGEX and WFEX 1927 cars

O Fenton Wells

Here are the two completed 1927 cars.  They are IM models (RTR) which I was fortunate enough to get from fellow modelers as they are very hard to find.  I stripped and repainted(and rebuilt as I did such a poor job of stripping).  I don't know what kind of paint IM uses for their RTR cars but it came off like week old syrup.  It splattered all over most everything. I repainted these in the post 1951 scheme.  IM cars, Speedwitch decals.  The WFEX car was a WIF car and the FGEX car was a very late non gothic FGEX car, too new for me.  I got lazy and didn't replace the air hoses with HiTech or the hatch cover rests to the better looking ones that Bill Welch taught me how to do.  I'll go back later and do that.

Paul Doggett

Fenton

They look really good.

Paul Doggett.  England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿

On 18 Jul 2020, at 18:57, O Fenton Wells <srrfan1401@...> wrote:

Here are the two completed 1927 cars.  They are IM models (RTR) which I was fortunate enough to get from fellow modelers as they are very hard to find.  I stripped and repainted(and rebuilt as I did such a poor job of stripping).  I don't know what kind of paint IM uses for their RTR cars but it came off like week old syrup.  It splattered all over most everything. I repainted these in the post 1951 scheme.  IM cars, Speedwitch decals.  The WFEX car was a WIF car and the FGEX car was a very late non gothic FGEX car, too new for me.  I got lazy and didn't replace the air hoses with HiTech or the hatch cover rests to the better looking ones that Bill Welch taught me how to do.  I'll go back later and do that.

Attachments:

Tony Thompson

    Good looking reefers, Fenton.

Tony Thompson