Topics

For Sale NEW L&N Shippers Guide

Ted Schnepf

Hello,

Just picked these new shippers guides from the printer yesterday.  This is my first guide covering part of the southeastern US.

It covers the Louisville and Nashville RR, all the way from Illinois and Ohio to Florida and Louisiana, and all states in between.  There are only two dates in the book, with the L&N map being dated 1939, so am guessing a per war publication date of 1940. The book has 163 pages, with a comb binding, so it opens flat for easy use.

The book is produced by Reynolds & Reynolds (printing) of Dayton, Oh.  They have published several other books I sell, such as, UP, CNW, RI, and Milwaukee.  The industries are listed by type, and then by state and town in alphabetical order.  This L&N book seems to be more elaborate with a larger forward section, explaining industries along the L&N.  There is also 6 pages listing LCL routes.

The book sells for $34.95. plus $5.00 shipping if needed.  It is not on my website yet.  Contact me off list to order any of the shippers guides.  there are now twenty one titles.

Rails Unlimited
Ted Schnepf
126 Will Scarlet,
Elgin, Ill. 60120

847=697-5353

Bill Daniels <billinsf@...>

... And then, Brian, maybe not. I can make out the lettering on the end as “PAINT ALT. M 5 53”. Now, that looks like a paint date to me of May 1953. Any suggestion?

Bill Daniels
Santa Rosa, California