Funaro and Camerlengo B&O Boxcar

Paul Doggett

Hi
I have just finished a Funaro and Camerlengo B&O M15L boxcar it’s in bad need of ops repaint I am afraid my weathering is no where near that of Charlie Duckworths
Paul Doggett England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿

jstyron

Paul,
It looks properly nasty to me! Good job.
-Jay Styron

Paul Doggett

Jay

Thank you.

Paul Doggett.

On 27 Sep 2021, at 06:31, jstyron <jstyron@...> wrote:

Paul,
It looks properly nasty to me! Good job.
-Jay Styron

Bill Keene

I remember noticing back in the middle of the 20th Century that freight cars from eastern railroads that may have tended to be spending most of their time in the northeast tended to be somewhat dirtier than those freight cars that wandered around the middle west and western portions of the country. This one looks like it had spend a great deal of time in the steel belt.

Cutting to the chase… I like it. Nice contrast with other rolling stock. There is one of these kits on the shelf … and now there is an example to work toward.

Thanks for sharing your always good work.

Cheers,
Bill Keene
Irvine, CA

On Sep 25, 2021, at 6:21 AM, Paul Doggett via groups.io <paul.doggett2472=icloud.com@groups.io> wrote:

Hi
I have just finished a Funaro and Camerlengo B&O M15L boxcar it’s in bad need of ops repaint I am afraid my weathering is no where near that of Charlie Duckworths
Paul Doggett England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿

<image0.jpeg>

Paul Doggett

Bill

Thank you for you kind words.

Paul Doggett. England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿

On 27 Sep 2021, at 17:46, Bill Keene via groups.io <bill41=icloud.com@groups.io> wrote:

[...]

Tony Thompson

Hardly “too dirty,” Paul. I might say that if EVERY car in your fleet looked that way; but if none did, that would be way wrong.

Tony Thompson
tony@signaturepress.com

Paul Doggett

Tony

Thank you very much.

Paul Doggett

On 27 Sep 2021, at 18:54, Tony Thompson <tony@signaturepress.com> wrote:

Hardly “too dirty,” Paul. I might say that if EVERY car in your fleet looked that way; but if none did, that would be way wrong.

Tony Thompson
tony@signaturepress.com

O Fenton Wells

Paul, I would wait to do anything to the B&O car.  Let it sit for a while then look at it in respect to all the other cars in your yard, put it in the middle of the yard with many other cars around and I'm betting it won't look out of place.  Look at any of the older color yard photos of the "era" and you will see one or two just like it and with the others around it it looks just fine.
Just say'in
Fenton

On Mon, Sep 27, 2021 at 1:58 PM Paul Doggett via groups.io <paul.doggett2472=icloud.com@groups.io> wrote:
Tony

Thank you very much.

Paul Doggett

--
Fenton Wells
250 Frye Rd

Jim Betz

Hi all,
  My "goal" for weathering is

  "when you look at the yard everything looks the same - but when you look at
   individual cars and compare them to the ones next to them they look different".

  In order to accomplish this I simply never do any form of "batch weathering"
and work on each car as though I had never seen it or any other car before.
Yes, that also includes going back and re-checking photos of real trains/yards
and photos of other guys work ... such as this excellent B&O box car.
                                                                                                                   - Jim

Paul Doggett

Jim

Thank you very much.

Paul Doggett.

On 28 Sep 2021, at 18:29, Jim Betz <jimbetz@...> wrote:

Hi all,
  My "goal" for weathering is

  "when you look at the yard everything looks the same - but when you look at
   individual cars and compare them to the ones next to them they look different".

  In order to accomplish this I simply never do any form of "batch weathering"
and work on each car as though I had never seen it or any other car before.
Yes, that also includes going back and re-checking photos of real trains/yards
and photos of other guys work ... such as this excellent B&O box car.
                                                                                                                   - Jim

Michael Gross

No such thing as "too dirty" unless every car in the freight yard looks like your wagon top.

Vive la différence!
--
Michael Gross
Pasadena, CA

lrkdbn

Just wanted to say I agree with the others- the car looks fine. Why not put a repainted patch and new weight and date?. That would provide a bit of contrast.
Larry King

Paul Doggett

Thank you Michael and Larry the reweigh and date are a good idea.
Paul Doggett.