FW & D Covered Hopper - Too Much Information

WILLIAM PARDIE

I always caution servers at a restaurant "When you have older customers don't give them too many options.  You will be here till tomorrow.".    And now "Here I Am!".

After numerous posts on the Amarillo Railroad Museum FW&D covered hoppers can somebody tell me on the AMRM model:

  1)  Is the Rred roof color correct?

  2)  Is the roof in the model correct?

Thanks ( I hope!):

Bill Pardie

gary laakso

  1. No, it was delivered coated with black car cement see the prior referenced article by Ed Hawkins in RPC 30.

  1. Yes, it was delivered with Murphy flat panel roofs, see the picture of the roof in RPC 30.   That roof is different than CB&Q flat welded roofs pictured in RPC 30.

Research does not involve “options” when the data has been referenced.

Gary Laakso

Northwest of Mike Brock

I always caution servers at a restaurant "When you have older customers don't give them too many options.  You will be here till tomorrow.".    And now "Here I Am!".

After numerous posts on the Amarillo Railroad Museum FW&D covered hoppers can somebody tell me on the AMRM model:

  1)  Is the Rred roof color correct?

  2)  Is the roof in the model correct?

Thanks ( I hope!):

Bill Pardie

Charlie Duckworth

The roof was easy to pop off.  I started brush paint with Vallejo black but decided to ask. Should the roof hatches etc all just be airbrushed black?  And here’s the underside I just ‘just’ paint the bottom of the hoppers and outlet gates black are it there more?

--
Charlie Duckworth
Omaha, Ne.

gary laakso

Charlie, I plan to paint the roof and all of its components black and as you noted, just the bottom of the hoppers below the outside brace around them and the outlet gates.  Those conform to both the Ed Hawkins description and the pictures.

Gary “ready to paint” Laakso

Northwest of Mike Brock