From: moloco <molocotrains.yahoo.com@...>
Date: Tuesday, December 22, 2020 at 7:38 AM
To: BRIAN PAUL EHNI <bpehni@...>
Subject: Moloco reservations for an ALL NEW Brainerd 50' boxcar

NEW Northern Pacific, Brainerd built 50' XM 15-0 Double-slider boxcar

Now taking Reservations!

PLEASE NOTE: This is a RESERVATION product ONLY. Please do not add current in stock items to your RESERVATION product order, any additional cars will not be held as part of this reservation. We are expecting a delivery window some time in the late 3rd Q of 2021 and the general price will be in line with current RTR prices. We'll keep you up to date with a more specific date later on. When the product becomes available to purchase we will send out invoices for your payments in the order we received them. So, the earlier you place your reservation the earlier you will be notified. We are trying to be better at producing the correct quantities of cars that our customers want.

The RESERVATIONS close on the 31st of January 2021. Reservations received by the deadline will guarantee the models ordered but also help us to determine accurate quantities per item to our factory. You can also place your reservations with any of our current dealers. Remember, no deposit is required up front to pre-order any of these cars, but you need to check-out like placing a standard order. At which time your pre-order will be registered.

Note: We have a ANY CAR NUMBER selection, this means if you do not care which car number you receive so we'll allocate one at random and it will help us balance our production quantities.

Northern Pacific Brainerd built 50' XM, Double-slider boxcar

After many years of successful 40-foot boxcar design and manufacturing at the Brainerd Shops in Brainerd, MN, times were changing and that meant cars needed to get  longer. In 1955 the Northern Pacific Brainerd Shops started to build one of their most successful group of 50-foot general service boxcar designs. These distinctive centered double-slider arrangement was not a common one, but it was NPs solution to their forestry based service area. The initial rivetted design of 1955 utilized many off the shelf car body components by Stanray, ends and roof panels, along with two Youngstown 7.5 foot sliding doors. Being added to Brainerd shop design and fabricated frames and sides. (500 cars)

The following year (1956) a new design (the subject of our model) emerged with a spec. change to Youngstown sides added to the design. With their distinctive diagonal panels on either side of the door opening meant a design change to the frame and associated side sill with a pronounced dip in the sill. These changes stiffened up the overall car and particularly the door opening. Brainerd manufactured 1350 cars of this design  from 1956 to 1959 quite a feat considering that equated to about two cars a day. Perhaps the reason to purchase Youngstown sides instead to keep up with production levels. Being of Plate B clearance standard translated to unlimited service to all rail lines in the USA, Canada and Mexico.

The following 1960-61 years another design change evolved with welded sides and Superior double-sliders, but basically the same distinctive centering of the doors remained. (500 cars)

SKU RES70001   1956-57 Delivery Arch lettering, 5' NP Monad, Brainerd built 50' XM, 15-0 Double-slider (6 car numbers)

SKU RES70004   1957 Delivery 8' NP Shadow + 8' NPR Monad, Brainerd built 50' XM, 15-0 Double-slider (6 car numbers)

SKU RES70009   1969 Cascade Green repaint, 8' NP Shadow + 8' NPR Monad, Brainerd built 50' XM, 15-0 Double-slider (6 car numbers)

SKU RES70010   1972 BN Cascade Green  repaint (TP St. Cloud), Brainerd built 50' XM, 15-0 Double-slider (6 car numbers)

SKU RES70000  Brainerd built 50' XM, Undec Kit

We are a small family owned business and appreciate your continued support which is essential to produce new cars. We support the RPM meets around the country with donations our products for their raffles. Share with your friends. - Happy Christmas and New Year - Nick Molo, owner moloco

Copyright © 2020 moloco, All rights reserved.

molocotrains@...

This email was sent to bpehni@...
moloco · 302-5025 Harvard Road · Mississauga, ON L5W-0W6 · Canada

Email Marketing Powered by Mailchimp