Topics

GN 50 footer

Clark Propst

I built a ton of cars the first five months of the year. This is the only car I’ve worked on since. A normal pace  ;  ))
Since then I’ve picked up a couple kits off eBay and traded with friends for a couple others. So, I now have a slight cushion to boredom when cold weather hits. This Westerfield kit came as wood door and a half Auto car. The instructions shows a version with a 6’ steel door I decided to buy a 6’ steel door and the correct decals to change the car for Westerfield to make the conversion. The body was painted with Tru-color paints, I used Scalecoat on the underframe and trucks. Weathering Prismacolor pencils and Pan Pastels.
Clark Propst
Mason City Iowa

Scott

All of the cars in that series that didn't have end doors where rebuilt in 1940ish to 6ft doors cars.

Scott McDonald

Paul Doggett

Clark

Another great looking car very nicely modelled.

Paul

On 22 Sep 2020, at 23:20, Clark Propst <cepropst@q.com> wrote:

I built a ton of cars the first five months of the year. This is the only car I’ve worked on since. A normal pace  ;  ))
Since then I’ve picked up a couple kits off eBay and traded with friends for a couple others. So, I now have a slight cushion to boredom when cold weather hits. This Westerfield kit came as wood door and a half Auto car. The instructions shows a version with a 6’ steel door I decided to buy a 6’ steel door and the correct decals to change the car for Westerfield to make the conversion. The body was painted with Tru-color paints, I used Scalecoat on the underframe and trucks. Weathering Prismacolor pencils and Pan Pastels.
Clark Propst
Mason City Iowa

Attachments:

James Brewer

Clark,

Great looking car; I love the subtle weathering!

Jim Brewer

Eric Hansmann

Sweet work, Clark.

Does anyone know if the GN painted roof and ends black when these cars were built?

Eric Hansmann

Murfreesboro, TN

I built a ton of cars the first five months of the year. This is the only car I’ve worked on since. A normal pace  ;  ))

Since then I’ve picked up a couple kits off eBay and traded with friends for a couple others. So, I now have a slight cushion to boredom when cold weather hits. This Westerfield kit came as wood door and a half Auto car. The instructions shows a version with a 6’ steel door I decided to buy a 6’ steel door and the correct decals to change the car for Westerfield to make the conversion. The body was painted with Tru-color paints, I used Scalecoat on the underframe and trucks. Weathering Prismacolor pencils and Pan Pastels.

Clark Propst
Mason City Iowa

Bob Chapman

Clark --

Great looking build. And love the steel door conversion -- the wood-side/steel door look has always struck me as a cool combination.

Bob Chapman

Rich C

Great looking car, Clark
Rich Christie