Topics

Grandt Line - San Juan - American Limited - etc

Tim O'Connor

At the Springfield train show I talked to the new owners of Grandt Line's
products - they're bringing back many items but the one I was most interested
in was the AB BRAKE SET - He said they tweaked their machinery to get the
several brake wheels in each set to cast properly, and that they would now
be in production again!

*Tim O'Connor*
*Sterling, Massachusetts*

Bill Welch

Ask them when they will ship the items promised to me by Grandt Line that they were not able to send me when GL handed the box of items off to them when they closed. They never answer the phone, never respond to messages or to my emails.

Bill Welch

Ken Adams

I had to resort to eBay and high prices and shipping to get some critical freight door sets that were not duplicated by Tichy or any other supplier.  My local hobby shop has all but given up on SJD as a supplier.

My advice for architectural details is to check the equivalent on Tichy's list before waiting forever for SJD to get their act together with the former Grandt Line parts.

Scott

I will believe it when I see it from those guys.

Scott McDonald

Douglas Harding

I spoke to them last fall at the Narrow Gauge Convention in Sacramento. At that time I was told it would be 6 months to a year on some items. They had just acquired the physical assets of Rail Graphics decal the week before and were busy inventorying what they had received. As they are narrow gauge guys, they may be focusing on the narrow gauge parts first, I don't know.

Doug Harding
www.iowacentralrr.org

At the Springfield train show I talked to the new owners of Grandt Line's
products - they're bringing back many items but the one I was most
interested
in was the AB BRAKE SET - He said they tweaked their machinery to get the
several brake wheels in each set to cast properly, and that they would now
be in production again!

*Tim O'Connor*
*Sterling, Massachusetts*

Calvin Monaghan

I placed an order for some Grandt Line parts from San Juan in August. I didn’t receive any response for about a month- but when I did it was to tell me that my order was ready and to send payment.

I sent payment and the parts came a couple weeks later. Slow communication, but I eventually got what I ordered.

--
Calvin Monaghan
Charlottetown, PE Canada