Topics

Greenville gons

Al & Patricia Westerfield <westerfield@...>

OK, so now I'm getting familiar with the gons. Turns out both Erie and
Nickel Plate used them for containers. Unfortunately, the Sunshine version
is much too narrow (8'10" vs 9'6" for the prototype). Can anyone measure up
the width of a Life Like? I don't have one. Thanks.
Westerfield

Tim O'Connor <timoconnor@...>

Al, my Sunshine measures about 8'8" vs 9'2" for the P2K model. Margin of error
+/- 2" due to measuring with a ruler.

At 11:11 PM 2/7/01 -0600, you wrote:
OK, so now I'm getting familiar with the gons. Turns out both Erie and
Nickel Plate used them for containers. Unfortunately, the Sunshine version
is much too narrow (8'10" vs 9'6" for the prototype). Can anyone measure up
the width of a Life Like? I don't have one. Thanks.
Westerfield

Timothy O'Connor <timoconnor@...>
Marlborough, Massachusetts

John Nehrich <nehrij@...>

Al - On the Life-like model, 1.24 inches, measured with a caliper. 1.22 if
you take the tie down lugs into account. - John

Al, my Sunshine measures about 8'8" vs 9'2" for the P2K model. Margin of
error
+/- 2" due to measuring with a ruler.

At 11:11 PM 2/7/01 -0600, you wrote:
OK, so now I'm getting familiar with the gons. Turns out both Erie and
Nickel Plate used them for containers. Unfortunately, the Sunshine
version
is much too narrow (8'10" vs 9'6" for the prototype). Can anyone measure
up
the width of a Life Like? I don't have one. Thanks.
Westerfield

Timothy O'Connor <timoconnor@...>
Marlborough, Massachusetts

charles slater

Al the Proto 2000 measures about 9'2"

From: "Al & Patricia Westerfield" <westerfield@...>
To: <STMFC@...>
Date: Wed, 7 Feb 2001 23:11:36 -0600

OK, so now I'm getting familiar with the gons. Turns out both Erie and
Nickel Plate used them for containers. Unfortunately, the Sunshine version
is much too narrow (8'10" vs 9'6" for the prototype). Can anyone measure up
the width of a Life Like? I don't have one. Thanks.
Westerfield

Al & Patricia Westerfield <westerfield@...>

Thanks, Tim, John and Charlie. Neither car will fit my loads. If they were
the proper width they would. Grumble, grumble....
- Al Westerfield
Westerfield