Topics

Group of automobile boxcars May 31, 1949

Charlie Duckworth

While I was sorting photos for the reweigh project I can across this small shot (2 3/4” by 4 1/2”) Art Johnson taken at Pensacola, Florida.  Behind the Frisco VO-660 is from left to right a PRR, ATSF, Soo Line, T&NO, MP and CoG 50 boxcars.  Anyone know of the industry in the background and why the wide assortment of road names?

Charlie Duckworth

--
Charlie Duckworth
Omaha, Ne.

Lee Singletary

Charlie,
Being a Pensacola native, I believe that is the old Newport Industries plant. They made some type of products using tree stumps. They were adjacent to the Frisco yard and actually had an 0-4-0 fireless made by Heisler for interplant switching.

Lee

While I was sorting photos for the reweigh project I can across this small shot (2 3/4” by 4 1/2”) Art Johnson taken at Pensacola, Florida.  Behind the Frisco VO-660 is from left to right a PRR, ATSF, Soo Line, T&NO, MP and CoG 50 boxcars.  Anyone know of the industry in the background and why the wide assortment of road names?

Charlie Duckworth

--
Charlie Duckworth
Omaha, Ne.

Lee Singletary

Also be aware that in Pensacola that Frisco interchanged cars with the L&N for the Port of Pensacola.  Could be cars headed for the docks.

Lee

Being a Pensacola native, I believe that is the old Newport Industries plant. They made some type of products using tree stumps. They were adjacent to the Frisco yard and actually had an 0-4-0 fireless made by Heisler for interplant switching.

Lee

While I was sorting photos for the reweigh project I can across this small shot (2 3/4” by 4 1/2”) Art Johnson taken at Pensacola, Florida.  Behind the Frisco VO-660 is from left to right a PRR, ATSF, Soo Line, T&NO, MP and CoG 50 boxcars.  Anyone know of the industry in the background and why the wide assortment of road names?

Charlie Duckworth

--
Charlie Duckworth
Omaha, Ne.