Topics

Hathi Trust Downloads, was Re: [RealSTMFC] Suggestions For Wire Load Ties

John Barry

Nearly everyone on this list is eligible, no association with an academic institution required if they obtain a reader identification card from the Library of Congress.  The process is found at their website Reader Registration and Access to Library of Congress Reading Rooms (Research and Reference Services, Library of Congress)

If you are 16 or older and have ID, you can get a card valid for two years.  You can use your LOC reader ID to log into Hathi Trust and download the full PDFs.  I've had a LOC card for over twenty years, having obtained and renewed on my many prior visits to DC.  Unfortunately for me, I didn't realize I had the key to the candy store till a couple years after I moved here in 2014.

John Barry

ATSF North Bay Lines
Golden Gates & Fast Freights
Lovettsville, VA

707-490-9696

PO Box 44736
Washington, DC 20026-4736

On Wednesday, October 16, 2019, 11:33:12 AM EDT, Dave Parker via Groups.Io <spottab@...> wrote:

Claus:

Here is the link to the 1934 Loading Rules:

https://catalog.hathitrust.org/Record/102184919?type%5B%5D=all&lookfor%5B%5D=Rules%20governing%20the%20loading%20of%20commodities&ft=ft

Anybody can peruse the document on-line, but you need to belong to a member institution to download the PDF.

--
Dave Parker
Swall Meadows, CA