headlight operation on Spectrum non-DCC 4-6-0

Richard McQuade

I have a Spectrum 4-6-0 (non-DCC) and while I can get it to run, I don't know how to switch on the headlight. What do I need to do to turn on/off the headlight?

Bruce Hendrick

I am not familiar with this locomotive but I’m not sure I have ever heard of a DC engine with an ON/OFF for the headlight. If I had to guess I’d say it is much more likely to be a burned out bulb.

Bruce Hendrick
Brea, California

Richard McQuade

Thanks. I don't know what to think I bought it new at Amherst a few years ago and have never used it.