Topics

Help finding photos of 100-599 NRC express refrigerator cars.

npin53

Edited

I'm looking for better pictures of NRC express refrigerators in 100-599 series. There were 427 cars in service in 1953. I have several poor or distant shots of the cars, but would like to see some of the details better along the side sill and on the ends.

I think there was a set of plans in one of the old Model Railroader Cyclopedia, maybe the 1940 edition.

Any help would be appreciated.

The BLM and Walthers express reefers appear similar, except for having ladders instead of grab irons.

Aaron Gjermundson

npin53

One more that I have.