Topics

Help locating decals for GATX 1948+ Leased Tank Car

Allen Cain

First, I may have duplicated this post and I apologize if I did.

Looking for HO scale decals to apply to an undecorated Tangent tank car as shown in the attached photo. Searched with no success so hoping someone can point me in the right direction please.

Allen Cain

O Fenton Wells

I think Black Cat is good, excellent decals or try eBay for the old Champ sets

--
Fenton Wells
250 Frye Rd

Bill Welch

Black Cat: https://www.blackcatdecals.com/

and

Dan Kolhberg" http://www.icgdecals.com/

Bill Welch

Daniel Kohlberg

Just a heads up:  Dan Kohlberg makes several HO GATX Tank Car Decal Sets, all silk screened, all aimed specifically at Tangent tank cars.

GA-21 GATX 8000 Gallon Acid Tank Cars 1949+ (3 Cars) 8.00

GA-22 GATX 6000 Gallon 3 Compartment Tank Cars 1941+ (3 Cars) 10.00

GA-29 GATX 8000 Gallon Welded General Service Tank Cars 1948-1960s+ (2 Cars) 8.00

GA-30 GATX 8000 Gallon Welded General Service Tank Cars 1960s-1970s+ (2 Cars) 8.00

Website is here:

http://www.icgdecals.com/

Thanks,

Dan Kohlberg :)

I think Black Cat is good, excellent decals or try eBay for the old Champ sets

On Sun, Jun 7, 2020 at 12:49 PM Allen Cain <Allencaintn@...> wrote:

First, I may have duplicated this post and I apologize if I did.

Looking for HO scale decals to apply to an undecorated Tangent tank car as shown in the attached photo. Searched with no success so hoping someone can point me in the right direction please.

Allen Cain

--

Fenton Wells
250 Frye Rd

Pinehurst NC 28374
910-420-8106
srrfan1401@...

Ken Adams

I have one Tangent RTR undecorated, and one kit to build. Looking at the kit, I think I should have just gotten 2 undecorated RTR.

I noticed the ICG Decals are in white while the Black Cat in yellow. For my early 1950's time fixation, I understand the yellow would be correct.

I went for the Black Cat. Ordered 2 sets. My old Mantua UTLX cars used the Champ decals in the 1970's. It might seem inappropriate  to run them in the same train but my model railroad reflects the history of model railroading too. Now if I can just get finished this SP caboose repair business, I can get back to revenue equipment such as the much delayed SP O-50-13's partially kitbashed.
--
Ken Adams
In splendid Shelter In Place solitude, about half way up Walnut Creek

Daniel Kohlberg

Allen was asking about GATX lettering for Tangent 8000 Gal Welded 1948+ Tank Cars.

The GATX lease scheme lettering is white for these tank cars.

So, in the interest of prototypical accuracy, I made my GATX decal set for these GATX tank cars white also…  :)

Thanks,

Dan