Topics

help locating online sratchbuilding supplies

Ray Hutchison

This has been hit or miss on ebay, and difficult to get things from local hobby shop.  I am looking for a good source for both wood and styrene car roofs, sides, ends, and bottom frames.  Suggestions much appreciated!

Ray Hutchison, Green Bay WI

Rob & Bev Manley

Ray,
have you tried Des Plaines Hobbies? He has almost everything. I think he still has the Viking Roof casting for IM Boxcars.

Rob Manley
"Better modeling through personal embarrassment"

On Monday, May 25, 2020, 02:18:14 PM CDT, Ray Hutchison <rayhutchison2@...> wrote:

This has been hit or miss on ebay, and difficult to get things from local hobby shop.  I am looking for a good source for both wood and styrene car roofs, sides, ends, and bottom frames.  Suggestions much appreciated!

Ray Hutchison, Green Bay WI

Benjamin Hom

Ray Hutchison asked:
"This has been hit or miss on ebay, and difficult to get things from local hobby shop.  I am looking for a good source for both wood and styrene car roofs, sides, ends, and bottom frames.  Suggestions much appreciated!"

This is casting an extremely wide net.  Are you looking for anything specific?

Ben Hom

Richard Townsend

Two suggestions:

1. For plastic parts, try to find Branchline undecorated freight car kits. They're loaded with parts. You can buy parts directly from various manufacturers such as Athearn, Atlas, Tangent, etc. Look at their websites.

2. For wood parts, try Northeastern at https://northeasternscalelumber.com/shop/railroad-car-parts.html

Richard Townsend
Lincoln City, OR