Topics

Hindsight 2020 RPM Appreciation

pennsylvania1954

Many, many thanks to the folks who put on this Virtual RPM and especially to those who uploaded their clinic materials over on
https://groups.io/g/Hindsight2020

--
Steve Hoxie
Pensacola FL

Ken Adams

I enjoyed the first one enough I would be more than willing to attend another.....even if you charge a modest "convention fee."  And have the same quality as this first effort.

I would hope this type of virtual meeting does not disappear should we someday be able to normal life. Most of the physical RPM's have been in the eastern part of the US and those of us in the far west have not been able to attend a physical RPM  with the variety and depth of presentation.  The cost of air travel will probably rise in the coming years due to many factors so virtual alternatives may become even more important.
--
Ken Adams

Tom Madden

As an octogenarian living alone I can't afford to put myself in any situation that carries the risk of hospitalization. Until there's a vaccine or effective outpatient treatment for the virus I won't be doing any commercial traveling or participating in group activities. The Hindsight 2020 RPM was tailor made for those like me and I hope these virtual meetings continue. There were two interrelated aspects that I really, really liked - no rows of heads obscuring portions of the screen, and the images on the screen were right here on my high definition computer monitor and not 30 feet away. As a single-track event I got to see several presentations I would not have chosen to attend at a multi-track live meet, and learned some new things as a result. Yes, I missed seeing old friends, walking on the beach and having the opportunity to write a large check to Bob Liljestrand at the end of the day, but a virtual meet is a very desirable alternative to a live meet. And as Ken says, it makes presentations available to those who can't come to live meets.

Tom Madden

Mont Switzer

Well said, Tom.

Mont Switzer