HO ASF A-3 Ride Control Truck

Brian Carlson

To all the HO manufacturers out there a 50 ton solid bearing ASF A-3 Ride Control truck would be great.  I was hoping Tahoe would do them, but no joy. Currently we have the Kadee HGC truck which works for Kadee cars but can be difficult to modify for other plastic and resin cars. The other option is the fantastic Kato truck but the non-standard axle length is problematic for those of us running code 88/semi-scale wheels.
Brian Carlson

brianleppert@att.net

Brian,
Check out Tangent's newest releases of PS-1 combination door box cars.  He's doing  50-ton solid-bearing Barber S-2 spring plankless trucks, ASF 50-ton A-3 Ride Control trucks and A-3 50-ton roller bearing trucks.  His wheelsets fit my trucks.

I hope he will sell enough separately to fill a large demand for years to come.  Tim O'Conner should be happy.

Brian Leppert
Tahoe Model Works
Carson City, NV

Brian Carlson

Oh interesting. I don’t see the solid bearing ones in the 3 kits.
NP A-3 RB
MilW barber S-2 solid bearing
UP same.

BUT the CNW new 9 ft door PS1 does say A-3 solid bearing

There is hope! Not available separately yet.

Brian J. Carlson

On Jun 19, 2021, at 10:01 PM, brianleppert@... wrote:

Brian,
Check out Tangent's newest releases of PS-1 combination door box cars.  He's doing  50-ton solid-bearing Barber S-2 spring plankless trucks, ASF 50-ton A-3 Ride Control trucks and A-3 50-ton roller bearing trucks.  His wheelsets fit my trucks.

I hope he will sell enough separately to fill a large demand for years to come.  Tim O'Conner should be happy.

Brian Leppert
Tahoe Model Works
Carson City, NV

Tim O'Connor

Brian

Happy, but NOT satisfied - Tangent's new trucks have rotating roller bearing caps! These
(in my opinion) are a useless and problematic feature for HO scale models.

I still have lots of Kato trucks and 0.950 semiscale Reboxx wheels for them. :-)

Tim O'Connor

On 6/19/2021 10:01 PM, brianleppert@... wrote:

Brian,
Check out Tangent's newest releases of PS-1 combination door box cars.  He's doing  50-ton solid-bearing Barber S-2 spring plankless trucks, ASF 50-ton A-3 Ride Control trucks and A-3 50-ton roller bearing trucks.  His wheelsets fit my trucks.

I hope he will sell enough separately to fill a large demand for years to come.  Tim O'Conner should be happy.

Brian Leppert
Tahoe Model Works
Carson City, NV

Sterling, Massachusetts

Tangent Scale Models

Tangent will release the 4 new 50-ton trucks that were part of our substantial investment in new PS-1 tooling later this summer.  Please stay tuned!

The trucks are 2 roller bearing and 2 friction bearing:

o   Tangent Scale Models 50-Ton Barber S-2 Roller Bearing truck – with rotating “Timken” bearing caps!  Yes, this is a truck never-before available in HO scale!

o   Tangent Scale Models 50-Ton ASF A-3 Ride Control Roller Bearing truck – with rotating “Timken” bearing caps!  Yes, this is a truck never-before available in HO scale!

o   Tangent Scale Models 50-Ton Barber S-2 Plain Bearing truck

o   Tangent Scale Models 50-Ton ASF “Ride Control” Plain Bearing truck

Thank you for your patience,

David Lehlbach
Tangent Scale Models