Topics

HO kit wanted

Looking for Funaro & Camarlengo 6660 NYC steel gondola.  Hugh T Guillaume mguill1224 at aol dot com

Garth Groff and Sally Sanford

Hugh,

This car is still listed in F&C's online catalog: http://fandckits.com/HOFreight/6600.html . This is with a one-piece body.

This car used to be in the bagged flat kit line (I have one), but I don't see those low-priced kits on their web site. They were still listed on the last flyer I got from F&C, but that was some time ago. You could always contact them for availability.

Yours Aye,

Garth Groff  🦆

On Wed, Oct 7, 2020 at 4:11 PM Hugh Guillaume via groups.io <mguill1224=aol.com@groups.io> wrote:
Looking for Funaro & Camarlengo 6660 NYC steel gondola.  Hugh T Guillaume mguill1224 at aol dot com

nyc3001 .

I called F&C two years ago about the rebuilt gon kits, but Sharon told me that they were not available anymore; however, the kits may be rerun in the future. They seem to come up on eBay every once in a while. If someone is willing to sell me one or more of the Sunshine 67.29 or 67.30 USRA NYC clone kits, I am willing to let one of my F&C kits go. I have one too many F&C rebuilt gon kits, but converting a rebuilt car to a clone seems somewhat feasible.

-Phil

On Wed, Oct 7, 2020 at 6:24 PM Garth Groff and Sally Sanford <mallardlodge1000@...> wrote:
Hugh,

This car is still listed in F&C's online catalog: http://fandckits.com/HOFreight/6600.html . This is with a one-piece body.

This car used to be in the bagged flat kit line (I have one), but I don't see those low-priced kits on their web site. They were still listed on the last flyer I got from F&C, but that was some time ago. You could always contact them for availability.

Yours Aye,

Garth Groff  🦆

On Wed, Oct 7, 2020 at 4:11 PM Hugh Guillaume via groups.io <mguill1224=aol.com@groups.io> wrote:
Looking for Funaro & Camarlengo 6660 NYC steel gondola.  Hugh T Guillaume mguill1224 at aol dot com

Kenneth Montero

Hugh,

When seeking this kit from other sources, be aware that Funaro & Carmerlengo also list as item 6660 the Canadian Pacific 1930 Mini-box car 1/AB brakes, so be sure to describe the model that you are seeking.

The model that you are seeking is a one-piece body kit. The same car is listed as a flat kit (2 cars in the kit) as item 6601.

I don't know what Funaro & Carmerlengo have in stock or can produce in the near future. Contact F&C to see what they have.

Ken Montero

On 10/07/2020 4:11 PM Hugh Guillaume via groups.io <mguill1224@...> wrote:

Looking for Funaro & Camarlengo 6660 NYC steel gondola.  Hugh T Guillaume mguill1224 at aol dot com

Before I made this post I sent an e-mail to F&C but never received a reply.  HTG

Todd Sullivan

Hugh,

They don't check email a lot; best to call - they're very good about answerring he phone.

Todd Sullivan

Richard Townsend

I have never gotten a response from them to any email I sent.

Richard Townsend
Lincoln City, OR

Before I made this post I sent an e-mail to F&C but never received a reply.  HTG

Bob Chapman

Re F&C -- I've talked with Sharon three times since early August re getting replacement decals omitted from a F&C kit. In the most recent a few weeks ago, she mentioned that her mother is seriously ill and moving to hospice. She may need some space; the model can wait.

Bob Chapman