From: main@RealSTMFC.groups.io <main@RealSTMFC.groups.io> On Behalf Of nyc3001 .
Sent: Monday, May 17, 2021 4:08 PM
To: main@RealSTMFC.groups.io
Subject: [RealSTMFC] Hygrade ~1600 series

Hi guys,

On Terry Link's canadasouthern site is a consist with two HFPX reefers numbered 1614 and 1618. Does anyone have more information about this series? I would like to model a Hygrade's reefer but know little about them.

-Phil Lee

Richard Townsend

From my ORERs:

Jan. 38 HFPX 1400-1499 40 cars. These were 37' cars.
             HFPX 1600-1699 20 cars. These were 41' cars, with 4' doors, 12'9" to top of running board
             Listed under Mather Stock Car Co.

Jan. 43 HFPX 1400-1499 24 cars
             HFPX 1600-1699 5 cars
             Listed under Mather Stock Car Co.

Oct. 52 No reefers
             HYTX tank cars. 4 cars

July 52 Nothing for Hygrade

Jan. 58 Many classes of Hygrade reefers under KGNX reporting marks. No 1600s. These were Kingan reporting marks earlier, though Kingan is not called out in this ORER. Makes me speculate that Hygrade took over Kingan. A little research shows Hygrade took over Kingan in 1952.
             Listed under General American

Richard Townsend
Lincoln City, OR