I have no more GN stock cars left.

Andy Carlson

I have sold all of these resin cars.
Thanks,
-Andy Carlson
Ojai CA

Hello everyone-
I recently restored some patterns I made for the Great Northern's rebuilt-from-boxcars 40' stock cars. The 55200-55450 series, totaling 250 cars, were rebuilt from 31000 series of single sheathed box cars in 1958. Not a significant rebuild in that almost all of the 1925 built car's parts were retained. The wood siding was replaced with wooden slats and the steel 5/4/5 pre-war Youngstown steel doors were modified into top hung with 12 oval slots cut into the door.

Photos in color are found in Scott Thompson's GN box car and stock car 4-ways west book.
.
Thanks,
-Andy Carlson
Ojai CA