Topics

IC boxcar mini-kit

Eric Hansmann

George Toman sent photos and techniques to upgrade the RPM Chicagoland IC boxcar mini-kit. It's the latest post on the Resin Car Works blog.

Eric Hansmann
RCW web guy

radiodial868

Wow, that's not a Mini-Kit anymore, that's a "jack the car body up, take the trucks out from underneath and then lower a new car body on the trucks!".  I have that kit in queue after the rabbit hole I went down updating the Red Caboose Northern Pacific 40' wood reefers. Still working on those, pretty much the same thing, replacing everything including the trucks! Nothing original left but the now useless instructions.  I could have built 6 resin kits in the time I farted around with these Red Caboose cars (not an exaggeration).
More power to George.  I know that feeling of "well that's not right", and off goes another part of the original kit.
RJ Dial
Mendocino, CA