Topics

InterMountain 12 panel box cars

John Nehrich <nehrij@...>

I was under the impression that InterMountain had made a variation on their
'37 AAR box car with 12 panels, but from a flyer I got at the Springfield
show, this is a variation on their '44 car. And it appears the kits only
come with Improved Dreadnaught ends and Diagonal Panel Roofs. - John

Tim O'Connor <timoconnor@...>

I was under the impression that InterMountain had made a variation on their
'37 AAR box car with 12 panels, but from a flyer I got at the Springfield
show, this is a variation on their '44 car. And it appears the kits only
come with Improved Dreadnaught ends and Diagonal Panel Roofs.
John,

The basic body comes without ends, so it can be used for many kitbashing
purposes. I bought a bunch of selected parts from IRC to create SP models
that are not offered as standard "kits". I think IRC charged me $2 for the
body and then 0.75 for each sprue or roof.

Of course, that was before Sunshine produced the far superior kits for both
the 6' door and 7' door SP postwar cars.