Kadee CGW box car oops?

Tim O'Connor

Looks like Kadee really missed the boat on this model (images attached)

Sterling, Massachusetts

And how!

Thanks!
Brian Ehni
(Sent from my iPhone)

On Nov 28, 2021, at 4:24 PM, Tim O'Connor <timboconnor@...> wrote:

Looks like Kadee really missed the boat on this model (images attached)

Sterling, Massachusetts

Brian Shumaker

Are you referring to the color shift?  That slide looks off to me, everything else is too dark as well. I’ve seen other pics of these special cars which appear lighter.  In the eye of the beholder, I guess.
Brian Shumaker

Who says this one image shows Thee correct CGW paint scheme? Pretty surr Kadee does a lot of good research on freight car paint colors before making their cars.
Andy Jackson

Clark Propst

The original CGW car was maroon. Many of their special service cars were maroon. I say many because the LCL and hide cars were black. Now the shade of maroon is up for almost constant debate  ;  )) Kadee has trouble with colored cars. I'll leave it at that. Years back Mike Porter commissioned Intermountain to do three maroon CGW PS 1s including this one of a kind. IM got the color right. After much prodding by Mike.
Clark Propst

Brian Shumaker

Yup, Clark. Sadly, I sold my set off years back.

Brian

Douglas Harding

Here is a photo of the two models Mike had done.

Doug Harding

www.iowacentralrr.org

The original CGW car was maroon. Many of their special service cars were maroon. I say many because the LCL and hide cars were black. Now the shade of maroon is up for almost constant debate  ;  )) Kadee has trouble with colored cars. I'll leave it at that. Years back Mike Porter commissioned Intermountain to do three maroon CGW PS 1s including this one of a kind. IM got the color right. After much prodding by Mike.
Clark Propst

Douglas Harding

CGW boxcar color varied, just like their diesels. CGW modelers are constantly trying to pinpoint what is CGW maroon?

Doug Harding

www.iowacentralrr.org