Topics

L&N boom and tool car 42296

Richard Scott

Here's a photo of my most recent pandemic project, an O-scale model of L&N boom and tool car 42296.  I built it from a vintage Train-Craft Products kit, with many modifications and some added details.  I painted it with Polly Scale acrylics, and lettered it with Champ decals.

I have other photos of my steam-era freight cars in "Dick Scott's models," currently on the first page of our photo section.

Dick Scott

O Fenton Wells

Great looking car
Fenton

On Sep 11, 2020, at 9:28 AM, Richard Scott <rlscott5709@...> wrote:

Here's a photo of my most recent pandemic project, an O-scale model of L&N boom and tool car 42296.  I built it from a vintage Train-Craft Products kit, with many modifications and some added details.  I painted it with Polly Scale acrylics, and lettered it with Champ decals.

I have other photos of my steam-era freight cars in "Dick Scott's models," currently on the first page of our photo section.

Dick Scott
<L&N 42296.JPG>

al_brown03

Nice!!

AL B.

Paul Doggett

Dick

You made a great job of that.

Paul Doggett.   England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿

On 11 Sep 2020, at 14:35, Richard Scott <rlscott5709@...> wrote:

Here's a photo of my most recent pandemic project, an O-scale model of L&N boom and tool car 42296.  I built it from a vintage Train-Craft Products kit, with many modifications and some added details.  I painted it with Polly Scale acrylics, and lettered it with Champ decals.

I have other photos of my steam-era freight cars in "Dick Scott's models," currently on the first page of our photo section.

Dick Scott
<L&N 42296.JPG>

Bruce Smith

Dick,

Nice work!  What gets coupled to the “a” end?

Regards

Bruce

Bruce F. Smith

Auburn, AL

On Sep 11, 2020, at 8:25 AM, Richard Scott <rlscott5709@...> wrote:

Here's a photo of my most recent pandemic project, an O-scale model of L&N boom and tool car 42296.  I built it from a vintage Train-Craft Products kit, with many modifications and some added details.  I painted it with Polly Scale acrylics, and lettered it with Champ decals.

I have other photos of my steam-era freight cars in "Dick Scott's models," currently on the first page of our photo section.

Dick Scott
<L&N 42296.JPG>

Tony Thompson

     Very nice-looking boom car, good job fading the paint. But I have never seen a boom car this clean <g>. Probably it still needs the grease and oil stains and general dirt that come with service . . . not a criticism, just a suggestion.

Tony Thompson

Horton Monroe

That’s a clean job, Dick.

Horton Monroe