Topics

L&N boom and tool car 42296

Richard Scott

Here's a photo of my most recent pandemic project, an O-scale model of L&N boom and tool car 42296.  I built it from a vintage Train-Craft Products kit, with many modifications and some added details.  I painted it with Polly Scale acrylics, and lettered it with Champ decals.

I have other photos of my steam-era freight cars in "Dick Scott's models," currently on the first page of our photo section.

Dick Scott

O Fenton Wells

Great looking car 
Fenton 

On Sep 11, 2020, at 9:28 AM, Richard Scott <rlscott5709@...> wrote:

Here's a photo of my most recent pandemic project, an O-scale model of L&N boom and tool car 42296.  I built it from a vintage Train-Craft Products kit, with many modifications and some added details.  I painted it with Polly Scale acrylics, and lettered it with Champ decals.

I have other photos of my steam-era freight cars in "Dick Scott's models," currently on the first page of our photo section.

Dick Scott
<L&N 42296.JPG>

al_brown03

Nice!!

AL B.

Paul Doggett

Dick 

You made a great job of that.

Paul Doggett.   England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 

On 11 Sep 2020, at 14:35, Richard Scott <rlscott5709@...> wrote:

Dick Scott
<L&N 42296.JPG>

Bruce Smith

Dick,

Nice work!  What gets coupled to the “a” end?

Regards

Bruce

Bruce F. Smith            

Auburn, AL

"Some days you are the bug, some days you are the windshield."

On Sep 11, 2020, at 8:25 AM, Richard Scott <rlscott5709@...> wrote:

Dick Scott
<L&N 42296.JPG>

Tony Thompson

Very nice-looking boom car, good job fading the paint. But I have never seen a boom car this clean <g>. Probably it still needs the grease and oil stains and general dirt that come with service . . . not a criticism, just a suggestion.

Tony Thompson

Horton Monroe

That’s a clean job, Dick.

Horton Monroe

On Sep 11, 2020, at 9:23 AM, Bruce Smith <smithbf@...> wrote:

Dick,

Nice work!  What gets coupled to the “a” end?

Regards
Bruce

Bruce F. Smith            
Auburn, AL
"Some days you are the bug, some days you are the windshield."

On Sep 11, 2020, at 8:25 AM, Richard Scott <rlscott5709@...> wrote:

Dick Scott
<L&N 42296.JPG>