Linde "Boxcar"

Ken Soroos

Hi Guys -

Could one of you email me a good, clean color photo of a Linde “boxcar” from the 1950s or early 60s with both Linde and Union Carbide lettering along with credits so that it can be used with an article in <the SOO>, magazine of the Soo Line Historical and Technical Society?  Any caption information would also be appreciated.  Thanks in advance.

Ken Soroos
Associate Editor, <the SOO>

On May 8, 2021, at 12:15 PM, Bob Chaparro via groups.io <chiefbobbb@...> wrote:

Snippet: Stock Movements
Courtesy of Ron Christensen, here is part of an article by Marshall E. Schaeffer that appeared in the True Tales section of the April 1947 Railroad Magazine.
Bob Chaparro
Moderator
Railway Bull Shippers Group
<Stock_Movement_ Marshall_Schaeffer_RR_Magazine_4-1947.jpg>

Thanks!
--

Brian Ehni

From: <main@RealSTMFC.groups.io> on behalf of Ken Soroos <kensoroos@...>
Date: Tuesday, May 11, 2021 at 10:53 AM
To: <main@RealSTMFC.groups.io>, <MFCL@groups.io>
Subject: [RealSTMFC] Linde "Boxcar"

[...]

My late father-in-law worked for Union Carbide so I collect photos of their cars.
Here is what I have for you on LAPX cars.
Bob Chaparro
Hemet, CA

Bob Chaparro

And here are the SERX cars.
Bob Chaparro
Hemet, CA

Bob,

The LIFE photo of LAPX 131 is very interesting. This is a rare view of one of the early General American 9' 5" cars, LAXP 101-599 (271 left in October 1958). Nice view of the interior too. It is the only FCR Linde car I've ever seen without a herald or other branding, and I wonder if this was carefully airbrushed out by the magazine staff to avoid looking like a product endorsement. Anyone know of a builder's photo for this block of cars that might show the lack of the diamond herald?

Yours Aye,

Garth Groff  🦆

On Wed, May 12, 2021 at 12:30 PM Bob Chaparro via groups.io <chiefbobbb=verizon.net@groups.io> wrote:
My late father-in-law worked for Union Carbide so I collect photos of their cars.
Here is what I have for you on LAPX cars.
Bob Chaparro
Hemet, CA

Attachments:

Rich Yoder

Hi Bob and others.

Do you know if the photographer Jim Parker is still alive?

OR where might his collection of photographs be?

Sincerely,

Rich Yoder