Topics

looking for a source for Youngstown early post war (wide seam panels) corrugated 7' opening doors for 10'6" double door boxcar project

Brent Greer

I am hoping someone can help me with a project I am working on.  The car is a 1945 DD boxcar, 10'6" height cars with 14' door opening (two 7' doors) that were of the interim improved youngstown design with the 5-6-5 corrugations and the wide seams.  Can any of you point me to a source for suitable doors in HO scale (even if they might have been in a resin kit at some point)?  Any and all assistance is greatly appreciated.

Sincere thanks,
Brent

Dr. J. Brent Greer

O Fenton Wells

Have you tired Speedwitch or Yarmouth Model works, I don't think SW Scale has one.

--
Fenton Wells
250 Frye Rd

O Fenton Wells

Maybe Kadee, check the as well

On Sat, Aug 8, 2020 at 3:33 PM O Fenton Wells <srrfan1401@...> wrote:
[...]

I did not find them on Kadee or Speedwitch.  The ones from SouthWest Scale are the right configuration, but only a 6' width vs. the 7' that I need.  I will check Yarmouth next

Thanks,
Brent

Dr. J. Brent Greer

[...]

mel perry

slice & dice?

On Sat, Aug 8, 2020, 12:38 PM Brent Greer <studegator@...> wrote:
[...]

Richard Townsend

I went through my stash of old kits and found nothing. Front Range, McKean, C&BT, Branchline, etc. Plenty of 5-6-6 and 6-6-5, but no 5-6-5.

Richard Townsend
Lincoln City, OR