Topics

Looking to contact Ed Kaminski . . . now PM Wooden Cabooses

al.kresse

Larry,

It is targeted for PM TRACKS magazine published by the now slowly getting reorganized and running again PM Historical Soc.

Got one pix of A545 in Delray yard already.  Got pix of the "new" A800, A804, A811, A822 and A823 from that series.  Your 1972 date is consistent with the last wooden cabeeses usage. Some made until 1974.

I presume your two cabooses were painted yellow?

Al

On December 13, 2019 at 1:23 PM "lrkdbn via Groups.Io" <lrkdbn@...> wrote:

I'm afraid I cannot help you about Ed Kaminski, but I sure would like to know what periodical your article will be in-as I have a great interest in these cars. When I was growing up on the west side of Detroit, the "neighborhood railroad" was the PRR- C&O- Wabash owned Union Belt,They used C&O A-810 and A-812 in their operations up until about 1972.
Sincerely,
Larry King

Daniel A. Mitchell

I don’t know if this is relevant to your quest, but we have PM Caboose A621at Huckleberry Railroad in Flint, MI. It is on static display, and is appropriate for HRR since most of its right of wayuses the old PM branch from Flint to Fostoria.

Dan Mitchell

On Dec 13, 2019, at 3:34 PM, al.kresse <water.kresse@...> wrote:

[...]

lrkdbn

Yes they were yellow with a red stripe along the bottom of the sides and aluminum end railings and platforms, as I recall..
C&O lettering of course.
I moved away from the neighborhood in late 1972,and the two PM cabooses were gone by then.I do recall seeing C&O "standard" wood and plywood cabooses sometimes at Rougemere ca. 1973-4
The only PM lettered car I recall seeing in that time was a black covered hopper at Rougemere (Dearborn MI) yard one day.
What is the address of the revived PM historical society?
Regards
Larry King