Louisville & Nashville Truck Book

Richard Wilkens

Hi All,

Well doing some organizing at the Pacific Northwest Railroad Archive in Burien, WA I came across this Louisville & Nashville Railroad book which listed the trucks in use in the 1960's on freight, caboose, passenger and maintenance of way cars. I have not seen a similar book before and thought it would be of interest to the members of this list. I know this date range is out of scope for this list but a lot of cars using these trucks are in our range.

Richard Wilkens
Director of Collections
Pacific Northwest Railroad Archive

csxt5555

Are there drawings in the book?  I’m looking for a t section type truck used on L&N little woody cabooses.  

Thanks 
Kevin Sprayberry 

On Jan 12, 2022, at 3:48 PM, Richard Wilkens <railsnw123@...> wrote:

Hi All,

Well doing some organizing at the Pacific Northwest Railroad Archive in Burien, WA I came across this Louisville & Nashville Railroad book which listed the trucks in use in the 1960's on freight, caboose, passenger and maintenance of way cars. I have not seen a similar book before and thought it would be of interest to the members of this list. I know this date range is out of scope for this list but a lot of cars using these trucks are in our range.

Richard Wilkens
Director of Collections
<Louisville _ Nashville Truck Book-2.pdf>

Steven D Johnson

Kevin,

Yes, it’s chock full o’ drawings and data!  If you model L&N from, say the teens to the end of the railroad, you’ll find this document a treasure trove of data.  If you’ve ever looked at an L&N mechanical department car diagram sheet and seen a truck number referenced, and wondered what that truck was, then you need to download this book.

I already had a hard copy of it, but it’s great to have a PDF now.

The caboose truck you mentioned is truck no. 47-A.

Steve Johnson

Nashville, TN

From: main@RealSTMFC.groups.io [mailto:main@RealSTMFC.groups.io] On Behalf Of csxt5555 via groups.io
Sent: Wednesday, January 12, 2022 2:51 PM
To: main@realstmfc.groups.io
Subject: Re: [RealSTMFC] Louisville & Nashville Truck Book

Are there drawings in the book?  I’m looking for a t section type truck used on L&N little woody cabooses.  

Thanks 

Kevin Sprayberry 

On Jan 12, 2022, at 3:48 PM, Richard Wilkens <railsnw123@...> wrote:

Hi All,

Richard Wilkens
Director of Collections

<Louisville _ Nashville Truck Book-2.pdf>

Richard Wilkens

Those scans are the entire book.

Richard