From: main@RealSTMFC.groups.io [mailto:main@RealSTMFC.groups.io] On Behalf Of Eric Mumper
Sent: Thursday, February 24, 2022 2:33 PM
To: main@RealSTMFC.groups.io
Subject: [RealSTMFC] LS&BC covered hoppers

Group,

I've done the artwork and am planning on having decals printed for the LS&BC 1958 cuft covered hoppers in the as-built paint scheme.  Is anyone interested in these?  I had not planned on doing multiple road numbers as the primary picture this was based on is car 104 and I have only built one model.  They are covered in RPCyc 27.  These would be a one time only run.  These decals have been printed before, but when I found and bought a set (offered through a hobby store no longer open), they were more S scale and entirely unsuited to my HO model.

Eric Mumper

Eric Mumper

Group,

There has been a good response about printing these decals.  The idea is to do a limited number to offset the cost of a full sheet of decals at the printer and use up the available space.  Just so everyone knows what is being proposed, I have attached a jpg in HO scale of the artwork done as it would appear on the car.  The printed decals will be rearranged to save space (and for both sides and ends).  The file is a crummy compressed jpg.  The real artwork is in vector based CorelDraw.  Note that the only reasonable picture I have of these cars is of 104.  The extra numbers on the set will also allow numbers 101, 110 and 111.  If another quality picture exists for other numbers, please pass it on to me and I can include them.  Note the picture I have of 104 is actually in service and has notable differences with the picture of 101 in RPCyc27.

Eric Mumper

Eric Mumper

Group,

The LS&BC covered hopper decals were printed a while ago and all who responded have been sent their decals.  I still have a couple more sets for sale and will be at Collinsville this weekend.

Eric Mumper

hubert mask

I’d you run out of them I have the corrected decals available at collinsville.  Originally we were given the wrong info doing those sets.

Mask Island Decals

Hubert Mask