Topics

M of W Crane 08...

Jack Burgess

I’ve been working on a crane which was owned by the Yosemite Valley Railroad. For the past week or so I’ve been concentrating on the “flat car” frame for the crane. It was constructed from brass flat stock and brass channel. One of the jobs was adding Archer rivets to the sides. Getting the smallest rivets (in line with the bolsters) with only four rivets on a thin strip of carrier was frustrating…there just wasn’t enough carrier material to keep from breaking the strips apart. So I cut some more small strips and brushed on a coat of Vallejo acyclic gross varnish. Once dry, they went on without problems.

Just an idea to keep in mind…

Jack Burgess

Claus Schlund \(HGM\)

Hi Jack,

Looks real good so far.

And we all knew you did not mean to type 'gross varnish'.

:-)

Claus Schlund