Topics

MEC Pine Tree Green

Bill McClure

Long time lurker; longer time modeler.

I am completing a Speedwitch #KC107.2, MEC ARA boxcar. The instructions call for Floquil/Polyscale MEC Pine Tree Green. No longer having access to either, I have moved on to Vallejo and Model Master.

Has anyone a thought about a reasonable match in those lines of paint. I don't even have a color photo to reference.

Many thanks,
Bill McClure

Rich Gibson

Tru Color TCP-102 MEC Pine Green

Rich Gibson
Golden, CO

Bill Welch

I have one of these to paint also. I am usually "All Acrylic" but in this case I plan to use Scale Coat II in their Spray can option. Ordinary I would use my airbrush but with Scalecoat II I have had VERY poor experience with their paint going bad once it opened. I recently used their spray can Clinchfield gray on two GP-7's and was very happy with the way the paint went on and how the spray can functioned. For a single project like this using the spray can is worth it I think.
https://www.minutemanscalemodels.com/product-p/21296.htm

Bill Welch

WILLIAM PARDIE

Bill:  

I have used Scalecoat I for many years and still swear by it.  The trick that I finally learned to preserve the paint is to seal the bottle with plastic wrap before replacing the cap.  Storing the bottle upside down helps even more.  They then last indefinitely.

Bill Pardie

Sent from my Verizon, Samsung Galaxy smartphone

-------- Original message --------
Date: 10/17/19 4:17 PM (GMT-10:00)
To: main@RealSTMFC.groups.io
Subject: Re: [RealSTMFC] MEC Pine Tree Green

I have one of these to paint also. I am usually "All Acrylic" but in this case I plan to use Scale Coat II in their Spray can option. Ordinary I would use my airbrush but with Scalecoat II I have had VERY poor experience with their paint going bad once it opened. I recently used their spray can Clinchfield gray on two GP-7's and was very happy with the way the paint went on and how the spray can functioned. For a single project like this using the spray can is worth it I think.
https://www.minutemanscalemodels.com/product-p/21296.htm

Bill Welch

Bill Welch

On Thu, Oct 17, 2019 at 10:37 PM, WILLIAM PARDIE wrote:
Bill:  

I have used Scalecoat I for many years and still swear by it.  The trick that I finally learned to preserve the paint is to seal the bottle with plastic wrap before replacing the cap.  Storing the bottle upside down helps even more.  They then last indefinitely.

Bill Pardie

Thanks Bill but be aware I am talking about Scale Coat II, different paint from Scale Coat I.
Bill Welch

Lester Breuer

Bill I am looking at Scalecoat, Vallejo and Model Master color charts only and photos on the Internet.  I have not painted an MEC car ; however, based on charts a very dark green so I would start with the following:

Vallejo  - Model Color Black Green 70.890

Model Master - Russsin Armor 4807

Polly Scale -  still available on eBay if you still would like to use

Lester Breuer