Topics

Membership

Mike Brock <brockm@...>

Guys,
Some of you have suggested that the STMFC membership require approval for
entry. I have decided to do that at least for the time being. OTOH, I don't
want to be the Supreme Court [ we have enough of those ] on such matters, so
we'll have to see what transpires. I still believe and hope that the last
sentence in the charter

"Emphasis is to be placed on the study of the prototype with a goal of
producing models of them with as great a degree of accuracy as possible."

will steer those not interested in such a commitment to other sites.

As many of you know, Al Westerfield's server has been down and, therefore,
did not receive word about this group. I have sent him another message
asking him to join. I would appreciate any of you that care to, to suggest
the same.

It has occurred to me, BTW, that the population of this group includes a
very large number of people who own Friends of the Freight Car shirts.
Perhaps we might consider this group to be the internet tool for that august
group.

Mike Brock

Richard Hendrickson

It has occurred to me, BTW, that the population of this group includes a
very large number of people who own Friends of the Freight Car shirts.
Perhaps we might consider this group to be the internet tool for that august
group.
Works for me. And are we an august group because we usually meet in August?

Richard H. Hendrickson
Ashland, Oregon 97520