Topics

Mid 1920s 3/3/3 dreadnaught end

Robert kirkham

Looking for a part for a model part (HO scale) - an inward protruding dreadnaught end with 3/3/3 configuration.  The design is mid to late 1920s.

I’m wondering if I may need a sacrificial MDC roundhouse 50’ single sheathed car, but hoping there is something I do not need to destroy.

If that is the best option, wondering if anyone knows where an undecorated model can be had.

Rob Kirkham

Andy Carlson

Rob-
I have molds for the WP/MP/T&P SS double door autocar, same prototype as the MDC kit. Mine has no molded on grabs and brake gear. I could cast you a polyurethane pair if that could be helpful for you.

Contact me off-list if you are interested at <midcentury@...>.
Regards,
-Andy Carlson
Ojai CA

On Friday, September 4, 2020, 7:28:45 PM PDT, Robert kirkham <rdkirkham@...> wrote:

Looking for a part for a model part (HO scale) - an inward protruding dreadnaught end with 3/3/3 configuration.  The design is mid to late 1920s.

I’m wondering if I may need a sacrificial MDC roundhouse 50’ single sheathed car, but hoping there is something I do not need to destroy.

If that is the best option, wondering if anyone knows where an undecorated model can be had.

Rob Kirkham
_._,_._,_

Paul Krueger

You can get Roundhouse shells here for $1 each, plus shipping.

http://www.gallowayenterprise.com/

Paul Krueger
Seattle, WA

Kemal Mumcu

I think I know the car you are thinking about. Is it the "minibox autocars" built around the same time as the regular minibox?

I always thought I'd take the spare dreadnought ends from the minibox kits, cut them up and reposition them to make the correct ends.

Colin Meikle

Robert kirkham

Yes - I’m planning on doing one of each car type Colin.  The offset door cars and the centered door cars.

Rob