Midland Valley war emergency gondola

Charlie Duckworth

Calling this finished; the Midland Valley RR served a number of coal mines in eastern Oklahoma. For op sessions I’ll have this spotted at a coal shed ready to be pulled and a load going in it’s place. This is the F&C war emergency gondola which is a pretty quick build. Two ends, two sides a one piece underframe and resin wood floor.  MV decals newly issued by Hubert Mask.

--
Charlie Duckworth
Omaha, Ne.

Paul Doggett

Charlie

Excellent as ever.

Paul Doggett

On 5 Jul 2022, at 00:54, Charlie Duckworth via groups.io <Worth51@...> wrote:

Calling this finished; the Midland Valley RR served a number of coal mines in eastern Oklahoma. For op sessions I’ll have this spotted at a coal shed ready to be pulled and a load going in it’s place. This is the F&C war emergency gondola which is a pretty quick build. Two ends, two sides a one piece underframe and resin wood floor.  MV decals newly issued by Hubert Mask.

E2B42A28-3DB5-44BE-AE09-D6373E5DC3FC.jpeg45BB00FC-F636-4CD9-BAF0-2C8D20559BB5.jpegF43EEBA6-07C1-4AD5-90DA-570183AFCF14.jpeg
--
Charlie Duckworth
Omaha, Ne.

Jim Betz

Charlie,

  Great build.  I like this car a lot.  The outside of it is a bit "too clean" for my tastes
for an in service gon being used in coal service.  But those are my tastes, not yours.
I think you "nailed" the interior.
                                                                                                         - Jim in the PNW

Tim O'Connor

I love those kits -- especially nice "used look" on the interior of the gondola

On 7/4/2022 7:53 PM, Charlie Duckworth via groups.io wrote:

Calling this finished; the Midland Valley RR served a number of coal mines in eastern Oklahoma. For op sessions I’ll have this spotted at a coal shed ready to be pulled and a load going in it’s place. This is the F&C war emergency gondola which is a pretty quick build. Two ends, two sides a one piece underframe and resin wood floor.  MV decals newly issued by Hubert Mask.

--
Charlie Duckworth
Omaha, Ne.

Attachments: