Milwaukee Road Single-Sheather Box Car 713549

Lester Breuer

I have upgraded an Accurail Milwaukee Road single sheathed box car,  numbered 713549.  My build included adding correct  Westerfield resin ends, milled running board, new “B” end details, etc. And, paint matches for factory paint.  If you are interested, photos and write up are now available on my blog I have to share photos and writeup of modeling projects on my Minneapolis & Northland Railroad Company.  If would like to take a look please do at the following link:

http://mnrailroadcab100.blogspot.com/

Lester Breuer

Steve and Barb Hile

Very nicely done, Lester.  A good project.

Thanks for sharing,

Steve Hile

From: main@RealSTMFC.groups.io [mailto:main@RealSTMFC.groups.io] On Behalf Of Lester Breuer
Sent: Thursday, July 22, 2021 1:40 PM
To: main@RealSTMFC.groups.io
Subject: [RealSTMFC] Milwaukee Road Single-Sheather Box Car 713549

I have upgraded an Accurail Milwaukee Road single sheathed box car,  numbered 713549.  My build included adding correct  Westerfield resin ends, milled running board, new “B” end details, etc. And, paint matches for factory paint.  If you are interested, photos and write up are now available on my blog I have to share photos and writeup of modeling projects on my Minneapolis & Northland Railroad Company.  If would like to take a look please do at the following link:

http://mnrailroadcab100.blogspot.com/

Lester Breuer

Jim Betz

Lester,

Excellent car/build!  Question - why did you install the uncoupler bars
so late in the process?  I'm not saying you did something wrong but I
noticed that all of the other detail parts had been installed much
earlier and wondered "why".
                                                                                   - Jim

Lester Breuer

Jim I leave uncoupling levers until the end of a build as I use foam car holders ( attached photos) during my build.  If I install them early I tend to catch them on the foam holders or I just catch them and bend them.  Installing the uncoupling levers at the end of the build saves me rework.

Lester Breuer

Nelson Moyer

And I add relief valve rods (bleed rods) after uncoupling levers for the same reason.

Nelson Moyer

From: main@RealSTMFC.groups.io <main@RealSTMFC.groups.io> On Behalf Of Lester Breuer
Sent: Friday, July 23, 2021 3:07 PM
Subject: Re: [RealSTMFC] Milwaukee Road Single-Sheather Box Car 713549

Jim I leave uncoupling levers until the end of a build as I use foam car holders ( attached photos) during my build.  If I install them early I tend to catch them on the foam holders or I just catch them and bend them.  Installing the uncoupling levers at the end of the build saves me rework.

Lester Breuer

Tim O'Connor

Hah! I do the same thing, but I use a large (heavy) coffee mug with soft liner to hold the
end of the car upright for decals. Foam by itself is too easy to tip over.

Tim O'Connor

On 7/23/2021 4:06 PM, Lester Breuer wrote:

Lester Breuer

Attachments:

--
Tim O'Connor
Sterling, Massachusetts

Nelson Moyer

Beer koozies also work well, and no need for extra padding.

Nelson Moyer

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

Sent: Saturday, July 24, 2021 7:33 AM

Hah! I do the same thing, but I use a large (heavy) coffee mug with soft liner to hold the

Tim O'Connor

Tim O'Connor

Haha  :-D  I had to look that up!

Tim O'Connor

On 7/24/2021 10:42 AM, Nelson Moyer wrote:

Beer koozies also work well, and no need for extra padding.

Nelson Moyer

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

Sent: Saturday, July 24, 2021 7:33 AM

Tim O'Connor

--
Tim O'Connor
Sterling, Massachusetts