Minneapolis & St. Louis Box Car 18972

Lester Breuer

I have completed the build of a Westerfield Models single sheathed Fowler design box car,  I numbered 18972.  My build included adding reinforcing braces to side corners, new “B” end details, wire grabs, ladders and ladder rungs, etc. And, Minneapolis & St. Louis (M&St.L) lettering and paint.  If you are interested, photos and write up are now available on my blog I have to share photos and writeup of modeling projects on my Minneapolis & Northland Railroad Company.  If would like to take a look please do at the following link:

http://mnrailroadcab100.blogspot.com/

Lester Breuer

Nelson Moyer

Beautiful build, Lester. Westerfield has a plethora of single sheathed boxcar kits for those who haven’t explored their catalog, and they build into eye-catching models, especially when coupled between two post-war steel boxcars.

Nelson Moyer

Tony Thompson

Very nice build, Lester, and a terrific description and illustration of how you went about it. Well worth reading for any modeler!

Tony Thompson
tony@signaturepress.com