Model identification

Steve SANDIFER

I have been gifted with a brass HO acid tank that appears to be very similar to the Tangent model. Can anyone identify the car and its maker please.

J. Stephen Sandifer

nyc3001 .

I think it was made by Lambert. The 8k prototype is the same as the Tangent model. They also made an ICC-103 welded tank that was 10k gallons.

-Phil

Tim O'Connor

Lambert, absolutely. The Tangent model is more accurate and better detailed, but overall they represent
the same car. See the Car Builder Cyc 1961, page 303 - photo of GATX 64641

Tim O'Connor

On 5/4/2021 11:24 PM, nyc3001 . wrote:
I think it was made by Lambert. The 8k prototype is the same as the Tangent model. They also made an ICC-103 welded tank that was 10k gallons.

-Phil

Sterling, Massachusetts