Model Realistic Freight Car Loads, by Keith Kohlmann


Guy Wilber
 


Has anyone here received a copy of this book; Model Realistic Freight Car Loads, by Keith Kohlmann?  If so, is it worth purchasing or does it represent a post 1960 overview of open top loads?

Regards, 

Guy Wilber
Reno, Nevada


robertb@smartchat.net.au
 

Guy,

I bought this one recently and there are quite a few scenes pre 1960. Most of the photos are ones of the prototype. It's divided up into 8 chapters covering different types/categories of loads.

Regards,

Robert Bogie

On 12/07/2022 11:08 am, Guy Wilber via groups.io wrote:

Has anyone here received a copy of this book; Model Realistic Freight Car Loads, by Keith Kohlmann?  If so, is it worth purchasing or does it represent a post 1960 overview of open top loads?

Regards, 

Guy Wilber
Reno, Nevada


Claus Schlund \(HGM\)
 

Hi Keith and List Members,


Have a look at the link below for a preview...


https://kalmbachhobbystore.com/-/media/files/books/model-trains/bks12838.pdf


Enjoy!


Claus Schlund


On 11-Jul-22 21:08, Guy Wilber via groups.io wrote:

Has anyone here received a copy of this book; Model Realistic Freight Car Loads, by Keith Kohlmann?  If so, is it worth purchasing or does it represent a post 1960 overview of open top loads?

Regards, 

Guy Wilber
Reno, Nevada


Tim O'Connor
 


Hmm. Kalmbach could have applied a little more proof reading scrutiny... :-D

Unless you have no other materials or just have money to burn, from what I see I think there
are much better modeling articles both in print and online. Just my opinion. Kalmbach has to keep
moving new product (business is relentless)... I feel for them, I really do. :-\


On 7/11/2022 9:38 PM, Claus Schlund wrote:

Hi Keith and List Members,

Have a look at the link below for a preview...

https://kalmbachhobbystore.com/-/media/files/books/model-trains/bks12838.pdf


On 11-Jul-22 21:08, Guy Wilber via groups.io wrote:

Has anyone here received a copy of this book; Model Realistic Freight Car Loads, by Keith Kohlmann?  If so, is it worth purchasing or does it represent a post 1960 overview of open top loads?

Regards, 

Guy Wilber

--
Tim O'Connor
Sterling, Massachusetts


 

The caption is incorrect. There were no “1964” Mustangs. All first year Mustangs were sold as 1965 models. Introduced five months prior to the 1965 model year, they have been called “1964 ½”, however. But the titles read 1965.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ford_Mustang#First_generation_(1965–1973)

 

 

 

Thanks!
--

Brian Ehni

 

 


Tim O'Connor
 


A nit -- My Uncle bought a "1964" Mustang and I recall seeing contemporary photos (in magazines)
of the "1964" Mustang. I guess they just called them that because it was 1964. :-D

Anyway, it was the CAR NUMBER that I meant to bring attention to. ;-)


On 7/12/2022 10:45 AM, BRIAN PAUL EHNI wrote:

The caption is incorrect. There were no “1964” Mustangs. All first year Mustangs were sold as 1965 models. Introduced five months prior to the 1965 model year, they have been called “1964 ½”, however. But the titles read 1965.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ford_Mustang#First_generation_(1965–1973)

 

Thanks!

Brian Ehni



--
Tim O'Connor
Sterling, Massachusetts


Jeffrey White
 

Actually that's not true.  My first car was a 64 1/2 Mustang that I paid $500 for in 1973.  The used car dealer advertised it as a 1965 model. When I received the title from the Illinois Secretary of State's office it said 1964.  I was angry with the dealer for misrepresenting the year of the car.  He then explained the whole 64 1/2 thing to the 17 year old me.  I can't speak for other states but I can say with certainty that in Illinois those Mustangs were titled as 1964 models.

Jeff White

Alma IL

On 7/12/2022 9:45 AM, BRIAN PAUL EHNI wrote:

The caption is incorrect. There were no “1964” Mustangs. All first year Mustangs were sold as 1965 models. Introduced five months prior to the 1965 model year, they have been called “1964 ½”, however. But the titles read 1965.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ford_Mustang#First_generation_(1965–1973)

 

 

 

Thanks!
--

Brian Ehni

 

 


Douglas Harding
 

My family owns a 64½ Mustang convertible. Has always been called that. My stepfather was the 2nd owner, purchasing it from a co-worker. He went with the co-worker to help pick it out when it was purchased new. They were called 64½ because Ford began selling them in the spring of 1964.

 

Doug Harding

https://www.facebook.com/douglas.harding.3156/

Youtube: Douglas Harding Iowa Central Railroad

 

From: main@RealSTMFC.groups.io <main@RealSTMFC.groups.io> On Behalf Of BRIAN PAUL EHNI
Sent: Tuesday, July 12, 2022 9:45 AM
To: main@RealSTMFC.groups.io
Subject: Re: [RealSTMFC] Model Realistic Freight Car Loads, by Keith Kohlmann

 

The caption is incorrect. There were no “1964” Mustangs. All first year Mustangs were sold as 1965 models. Introduced five months prior to the 1965 model year, they have been called “1964 ½”, however. But the titles read 1965.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ford_Mustang#First_generation_(1965–1973)

 

 

 

Thanks!
--

Brian Ehni

 

 


Mark Vinski
 

https://kalmbachhobbystore.com/-/media/files/books/model-trains/bks12838.pdf

This preview shows a B&O plate gondola on page 5. I have pictures of these cars in CSX lettering. Does anyone know if they were ever painted in the Chessie System scheme and if so when ?
If I squint just right I think that I can see remnants of the Chessie emblem on the car pictured in the book.

Mark Vinski


Brian Carlson
 

That gon didn’t exist before 1960, so who knows it’s in the future. 

Brian J. Carlson 

On Jul 13, 2022, at 12:06 AM, Mark Vinski <mvlandsw@...> wrote:

https://kalmbachhobbystore.com/-/media/files/books/model-trains/bks12838.pdf

This preview shows a B&O plate gondola on page 5. I have pictures of these cars in CSX lettering. Does anyone know if they were ever painted in the Chessie System scheme and if so when ?
If I squint just right I think that I can see remnants of the Chessie emblem on the car pictured in the book.

Mark Vinski

--
Brian J. Carlson, P.E.
Cheektowaga NY


Tim O'Connor
 

Mark

You should address a question like this to BBFCL or the MFCL because it's a freight car built after 1960.


On 7/13/2022 12:06 AM, Mark Vinski wrote:
https://kalmbachhobbystore.com/-/media/files/books/model-trains/bks12838.pdf

This preview shows a B&O plate gondola on page 5. I have pictures of these cars in CSX lettering. Does anyone know if they were ever painted in the Chessie System scheme and if so when ?
If I squint just right I think that I can see remnants of the Chessie emblem on the car pictured in the book.

Mark Vinski

--
Tim O'Connor
Sterling, Massachusetts