More unloading firetrucks

kevinhlafferty

Several interesting photos here including the PRR X30, a single car class.
http://industrialscenery.blogspot.com/2019/08/carrying-vehicles-in-boxcars.html

Allen Cain

This would make an interesting siding. Does anyone make opening end doors that operate?  Has anyone modified a car to have open end doors?
--
Allen Cain
Modeling the Southern in 1955 in HO Scale

Patrick Wade

I think they are unloading the engine. There are two firemen in slickers awaiting to drive it away. If it was being loaded only the manufacturer's workers would be involved.

Pat Wade
Santa Barbara, CA

On Sat, May 1, 2021 at 8:46 PM kevinhlafferty <khlafferty@...> wrote:
Several interesting photos here including the PRR X30, a single car class.
http://industrialscenery.blogspot.com/2019/08/carrying-vehicles-in-boxcars.html

Richard Townsend

I am working on one with open end doors. Side doors open, too, with full interior lining.

vapeurchapelon

Allen,

as long as we are speaking H0scale, I can say there are some brass models with operating end doors. I remember Oriental Limited importing a SP 50' car, outside-braces but with steel sides, a C&O 40' steel box car from the same importer, and a UP 50' outside-braced car imported by Overland.
I have one of the SP cars and saw pics of the other ones - none of the three match today's standards in detail.
Possibly there were others, but I don't know.

Johannes

Gesendet: Sonntag, 02. Mai 2021 um 06:06 Uhr
Von: "Allen Cain" <Allencaintn@...>
An: main@RealSTMFC.groups.io
Betreff: Re: [RealSTMFC] More unloading firetrucks
This would make an interesting siding. Does anyone make opening end doors that operate?  Has anyone modified a car to have open end doors?
--
Allen Cain
Modeling the Southern in 1955 in HO Scale

Allen Cain

Richard, could you share what you are doing?

Allen Cain