MP 1942 Boxcars 10-6 32500-33299 Photo Help

Brian Carlson

Way back in 2005 the Sunshine mini-kit for Naperville was for a MP 1942 era built boxcar. That was my first naperville and I started the kit around 2007 but never finished it.  It's been sitting on the workbench mostly done since 2008.  One issue was decals since I model 1956 but I have have that resolved.  My Covid promise was no more starts until the old ones were finished.  This guy is up next.

The instructions have disappeared but that is ok. Can anyone help me find a few photos of these cars? When I started this car I just followed the directions. I didn't know better, and my first few resin cars were Westerfield.  You can just follow the instructions. Since then (14 years!) I have realized that I should have more materials.

I think National Scale Car has a mini kit for the same cars now. The cars were in the 32500-33299 number series and constructed by ACF.

Brian Carlson
Cheektowaga NY

Ed Hawkins

On Jul 18, 2021, at 2:01 PM, Brian Carlson via groups.io <prrk41361@...> wrote:

[...]

Brian,
The 2005 Sunshine mini-kit was for different series of MoPac 40’ box cars built in 1942 in which the side sill door reinforcement extended from bolster to bolster, unlike the AAR model offered by InterMountain that is based on the more common design having separate side sill connections to the bolsters, crossties and crossbearers. The prototype cars were MP 34113-34262, StLB&M 17501-17600, and I-GN 17751-17825. The kit also includes doors with Union Duplex hardware.

Attached is a jpg scan of the information page included with the mini-kit. One comment I’ll offer is that MoPac’s box cars of this period were painted a red-brown shade (i.e., box car red) and not oxide red.
Regards,
Ed Hawkins

Brian Carlson

Thanks Ed. I’d would have probably numbered it wrong.
I will be going a route of eagles repaint.

Brian J. Carlson

On Jul 18, 2021, at 4:05 PM, Ed Hawkins <hawk0621@...> wrote:

[...]

<2005 Sunshine Models Mini-kit Info.jpg>

Tim O'Connor

On 7/18/2021 3:01 PM, Brian Carlson via groups.io wrote:

[...]

Sterling, Massachusetts

Tim O'Connor

Eagles repaint 1954

On 7/18/2021 4:07 PM, Brian Carlson via groups.io wrote:
[...]

Thanks Tim.
Ed Hawkins pointed out I was wrong the NSC and sunshine kits are different series. The prototype cars were MP 34113-34262, StLB&M 17501-17600, and I-GN 17751-17825
I’ll use your photo as a guide for rout of eagles though.
Brian J. Carlson

On Jul 19, 2021, at 10:22 AM, Tim O'Connor <timboconnor@...> wrote:

[...]

<ign_17627 40ft_SD_box series-17751-17825 fresh-paint shopdate 5-1954.jpg>